Looking for insights to help you plan an effective advertising campaign in 2021? Look no further, we’ve curated a list of over advertising statistics to enable you to soar. It cut’s across the vital aspects of advertising, which is mobile, social media, video, email marketing, e-commerce, SEO, and content marketing.
Online Advertising Statistics
- 45% of organizations don’t have a clearly defined digital marketing strategy.
- Marketing teams that document their strategy are 313% more likely to report success than those that don’t.
- Google services including Google Ads are responsible for $385 billion of economic activity in 2019.
- The top 3 most common keywords in voice search phrases are “how”, what,” and “best.”
- Globally, total internet video traffic (business and consumer, combined) will be 80% of all Internet traffic in 2021, up from 67% in 2016.
- The web and video conferencing category for business technology saw a 500% increase in buyer activity since the COVID outbreak began.
- 14% of shoppers are making purchases through social media.
- Between March and July 2020, consumers spent 10% more time with digital media.
- 63% of online grocery shoppers research products online before buying. 56% use coupons or discounts. 52% take their time finding the best deals.
- Marketers that invest in analytics will boost their sales by 25% because they’re more likely to adjust their marketing content accordingly.
- When asked what visual content helped them reach their marketing goals in 2019, 40% of marketers credited original graphics. 24% attributed their success to videos and presentations. 13% said stock photos helped them while 9% relied on charts and data visualizations.
- 5,000 the number of ads the average person sees per day.
Marketers that invest in analytics will boost their sales by 25% because they’re more likely to adjust their marketing content accordingly.Smart Insights
Mobile Advertising Statistics
- One in four internet users are already mobile-only consumers, meaning they only access the internet using a cell phone.
- 60% of smartphone users have contacted a business directly using the search results such as the “click to call” option.
- 51% of smartphone users have discovered a new company or product when conducting a search on their smartphones.
- A substantial portion of the population- at least 96% – own a mobile phone.
- 88% of consumers don’t resume to a website following a bad experience.
- Users spend on average 69% of their media time on smartphones.
- Google drives 96% of mobile search traffic, followed by Yahoo at 2% and Bing at 1%.
- Mobile email opens have grown by 180% in the last three years.
- 40% Of Mobile Searches Have Local Intent.
Social Media Advertising Statistics
- Social media ad spend leaps nearly 30%.
- Average business reply on Facebook: 1 hour, 56 minutes.
- Time spent on social media in early hours doubles.
- Social media usage is one of the most popular online activities. In 2020, over 3.6 billion people were using social media worldwide, a number projected to increase to almost 4.41 billion in 2025.
- On average, internet users spend 144 minutes per day on social media and messaging apps.
- There are more than 50 billion photos shared on Instagram, and the platform is the second most popular social media platform for small businesses.
- TikTok is expected to exceed 1 billion monthly active users in 2021 (alongside other giants like Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, WhatsApp, and WeChat).
- 93% of all social media advertisers use Facebook Ads on a regular basis.
Video Advertising Statistics
- 85% of marketers say that video is an effective way to get attention online.
- Over 70% of viewers say YouTube makes them aware of new brands.
- 93% of brands got a new customer because of a video on social media.
- 80% of marketers say video has directly helped to increase sales.
- YouTube is the #1 purchase-driver on social.
- 25% of marketers plan to start using TikTok as an advertising channel in 2021.
- 70% of businesses say they’re creating more videos now compared to the same time last year.
- A Facebook executive predicted that their platform will be all video and no text by 2021.
- Users view more than 1 billion hours of video each day on YouTube.
Email Marketing Statistics
- There are 3.9 billion daily email users.
- 78% of marketers have seen an increase in email engagement over the last 12 months.
- 87% of B2B marketers say email is one of their top free organic distribution channels.
- Apple iPhone is the most popular mobile client for reading emails with 29 percent of all opens occurring on this platform. Gmail is a close runner-up at 27 percent.
- Marketers who use segmented campaigns note as much as a 760% increase in revenue.
- Email marketing is mostly used for lead generation (85%), sales (84%), lead nurturing (78%), and customer retention (74%).
- 37% of respondents name email as the most effective channel for customer loyalty and retention, while websites were named by 13% and social media by only 11%.
- 61% of subscribers/customers would like to receive promotional emails every week, 38% – more frequently.
- The best days for emails are Tuesday and Thursday.
Apple iPhone is the most popular mobile client for reading emails with 29 percent of all opens occurring on this platform. Gmail is a close runner-up at 27 percent.ComScore
E-Commerce Advertising Statistics
- Over 2.14 billion people worldwide are expected to buy goods and services online in 2021.
- Retail e-commerce market sales worldwide will reach $6.54 trillion in 2023 (vs. $3.53 trillion in 2019).
- By 2040, 95% of retail purchases are likely to be made online and traditional retail may be hardly existent.
- 63% of online shoppers start their product search on Amazon.
- 85% of consumers prefer free shipping over fast shipping.
- Extra costs, like shipping fees, are the biggest reason why shoppers abandon their online carts.
- 40% of consumers have made a purchase via Facebook, 13% have made a purchase through Instagram and 12% have made Pinterest purchases.
- Visa and Mastercard are the two most popular credit card companies.
- The PayPal badge got the most attention out of all social proof buttons.
- 84% of consumers’ purchasing decisions are influenced by recommendations from somebody they know.
- At least 25% of small business web pages do not have an H1 tag.
- After searching on a smartphone for something close, 76% of people end up visiting the company in 1 day.
- 28% of searches for something nearby result in a purchase.
- Mobile searches for “store open near me” increased more than 250% between 2017 and 2019.
- 51% of smartphone users have found a new company or product when searching on mobile devices.
- Voice searches represent 20% of searches by mobile devices.
- Mobile devices represent 58% of all searches on Google alone.
- However, more than 55% of the pages do not have backlinks that point to them.
- Businesses that participate in blogs receive 97% more backlinks to their site.
- 43.7% of high ranking pages have some reciprocal links.
- More than 29% of the keywords with more than 10,000 monthly searches are only more than 3 words.
- 75% of people never get past the first page of search results.
- Organic traffic was found to account for more than 40% of retail revenue.
Content marketing statistics
- 91% of B2B and 86% of B2C marketers are planning to use content marketing in their campaigns.
- 47% of your site visitors expect pages to load in under two seconds.
- 53% of visitors leave your site if content doesn’t load in 3 seconds or less.
- 86% of B2B marketers think their audience views their organization as a credible and trusted resource.
- Only 24% of B2B marketers are actually partnering with others to expand their audience reach.
- Among Facebook users, 75% visit the site at least once a day.
- The top 3 goals of content marketing in 2021 are to generate more quality leads, attract traffic to company websites, and improve brand reputation.
- By the end of this year, 52% of all web traffic will be mobile.
- Color has a 60% chance to make or break a conversion for online services.
- More than half of blogs’ traffic still comes from desktop even though mobile is on the rise.
- 24% of marketers plan on increasing their investment in content marketing in 2021.
Smart Insights, Coschedule, Google Economic Impact, Backlinko, Cisco, Deloitte, Influencer Marketing Hub, Global Web Index, Hive Life, Venngage, Salesforce, Pew Research Centre, Sweor, ComScore, Net Market Share, Email Monday, Social Bakers, Statista, Tech Crunch, Social Media Examiner, Animoto, PostClick, Quartz, Hubspot, Campaign Monitor, Marketing Sherpa, Baymard, Forbes, Orbit Media, CXL Institute, Ahrefs
Leave a Reply