Whether it’s email marketing, social media advertising, or customer analytics, Salesforce Marketing Cloud provides a unified solution to optimize marketing strategies and foster meaningful client’s connections. It comprises of a comprehensive suite of tools that empowers businesses to create, automate, and analyze targeted marketing campaigns, harnessing the full potential of customer data for more effective communication and enhanced customer journeys.
One tool can only provide some things needed for a good marketing result. That’s why Salesforce designed this multi-purpose marketing platform to help marketers.
So, what is Salesforce Marketing Cloud?
Salesforce Marketing Cloud is Salesforce’s “umbrella” brand name for a group of related products capable of supporting all marketing tasks – including campaign execution, dynamic customer journeys, personalization, and digital advertising, marketing automation, etc. These products include Marketing cloud engagement, Marketing cloud personalization, Marketing cloud intelligence, loyalty management, sales cloud, service cloud, etc. In Salesforce Marketing Cloud integration, Salesforce AI called Einstein is woven into these products for more comprehensive capabilities.
It is widely known as the all-in-one marketing platform because it has data that’s actionable, personalization that scales, and marketing that’s connected. It allows marketers to create personalized email content and subject lines based on an individual’s specific contact or journey data. With the help of the Salesforce marketing cloud, marketers can send emails or automatically trigger an SMS message on the payment due date to remind customers about upcoming unpaid debts.
How does Salesforce Marketing Cloud work?
We’ll explain how the Salesforce Marketing cloud works using one of its products. Look deeper into Salesforce Marketing Cloud Intelligence to illustrate the key functionalities.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Intelligence works by automating marketing data quality, optimizing at the speed of your customers, and proving the business impact of campaigns.
How does Salesforce Marketing cloud intelligence automate marketing data quality?
- API Connector Library: SFMCI produces new insights with a library of more than 170 connectors for taking data from every significant advertising, commerce, CRM, and database vendor.
- Universal Connector for Any Data Source: With a unique universal connector powered by AI, SFMCI allows marketers to bring data from any source together — from files, folders, or systems (new or old) without an API connection.
- Automated Marketing Data Model: Marketing data is everywhere but rarely consistent. With an out-of-the-box marketing data model of Salesforce Marketing Cloud Intelligence, marketers can organize data into a clear and consistent taxonomy. This enables them to make decisions with understandable and trusted data.
How does Salesforce Marketing cloud intelligence optimize at the speed of customers?
- Einstein Marketing Insights: With Einstein-powered SFMCI, marketers can select a KPI they want to improve and create an always-on pipeline of AI insights. Here, they can also answer big-picture questions like reducing spending by lowering their CPM or going deeper to see what creative had the most significant outlier effects in a recent campaign.
- Media Planning and Pacing Optimization: with the help of SFMCI, you can create media plans, ingest media buys, and achieve more significant ROI with a suite of paid media tools. It also uses historical performance data to suggest improvements to media plans.
- AppExchange Apps, Widgets, and Connectors: Discover apps, connectors, and widgets — made by experts and ready to deploy on day one, or choose from a library of AppExchange-approved, making it easy to kickstart your performance optimization.
How does Salesforce Marketing cloud intelligence prove the business impact of campaigns?
- Data Visualization Built for Marketers: To display the right level of detail for every role—from executive to analyst, SFMCI enables you to create data-driven views of your aggregate and detailed performance.
- Database and Tableau Exporting: it allows you to extend the power of your unified marketing data with simple exporting. Here, you can visualize and explore your data in Tableau with a “clicks not code” native integration.
- Insights in Slack and Beyond: SFMCI allows you to share real-time marketing insights across teams and departments with a native Slack integration. To ensure everyone has the data they need when needed.
Benefits of Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Personalization: With the advanced personalization capabilities of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, businesses can deliver highly targeted and relevant customer messages based on their preferences and behaviors.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Integration:
It integrates with other Salesforce products like service cloud to provide a seamless end-to-end customer experience. For Google Analytics integration, marketers connect it with campaigns for a deeper understanding of customer engagement and to optimize existing campaigns.
Automation: Salesforce Marketing Cloud enables marketers to automate many marketing processes, reducing manual tasks and increasing efficiency.
Manage customer relationships across channels: With Salesforce Marketing Cloud, you can manage your customer relationships across channels, including email, social media, and web interactions. Create and manage lists of customers to target specific marketing campaigns.
Access your data anywhere:
SFMC is accessible from any device or computer, so you can work on your campaigns wherever you are. You can also manage customer data for other companies you own or operate.
Security: Salesforce Marketing Cloud is built on Salesforce’s trusted and secure platform, ensuring that customer data is protected and compliant with industry regulations.
Multi-channel marketing: Marketing Cloud enables businesses to engage with customers across multiple channels, including email, social media, mobile, and web, ensuring a consistent and personalized experience.
Pricing for Salesforce Marketing Cloud
SFMC does not have a general price. The pricing varies, depending on its products. So, choose the right product for your business and select the cost from the below-listed pricing plans.
Alternatives to Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Salesforce marketing cloud is the world’s largest and most comprehensive marketing automation platform. It offers marketers a single platform to manage all their marketing tasks. Below are other alternatives that marketers can also look into.
- Omnisend is another platform that marketers can benefit from. It has pre-built e-commerce and automation workflows with pre and post-purchase follow-ups. It also has other features that can create your SMS or email marketing campaigns from scratch and lets you view any campaigns from their beginning to their end by generating performance reports.
- HubSpot Marketing Hub: it offers a robust suite of tools that helps marketers capture leads, learn who they are and what they’re interested in, and optimize their marketing based on data, not guesswork. You’ll get lead flows, forms, kickback emails, analytics, and more- all designed to make it easy for you to grow your business efficiently.
- Pipedrive is specifically for sales teams or marketers looking for a simple yet powerful sales tool to help them stay organized. When using Pipedrive, everything runs smoothly, allowing your team to spend less time filing and more time selling with agile and powerful CRM software.
- MailerLite is a fast and scalable email marketing platform. Businesses can create professional newsletters, landing pages & websites using the drag & drop editor (with AI generator) or with pre-designed templates. Mailerlite allows marketers to measure the campaign performance with detailed reporting inside your dashboard.
How do I export emails from the Salesforce marketing cloud?
To export emails from Salesforce, use Data Loader
Open Data Loader.
Login with Password Authentication.
Enter username and password and then click Login.
Note: If you have trouble logging in, please review Why can’t log in to Data Loader. And Error ‘Failed to send request’ or inability to log in with Data Loader.
Select Show all Salesforce Objects (to ensure you see all objects).
Select Email Template (EmailTemplate).
Click Browse to select where to save your extracted file.
Name your CSV file and click Next.
Create a SOQL query for the data export by selecting the fields you want to export and setting conditions to filter your data set optionally.
Click Finish, then click Yes to confirm the export.
What is the difference between Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Salesforce Marketing Cloud Einstein?
Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a large platform housing different products that supports marketing activities. These products include sales cloud, marketing cloud intelligence, engagement, etc.
Then, Salesforce Marketing Cloud Einstein is a Salesforce AI tool that analyses and provides insights about your audience and marketing activities. This AI is being woven into these products for more comprehensive capabilities.
It helps marketers allocate resources more efficiently and reduces operational expenses. With this AI, they can predict customers’ needs and tailor their strategies for higher success rates.
What is the future of the Salesforce marketing cloud?
The Salesforce marketing cloud is on course to alter the face of marketing soon. Basically, it allows marketing teams to gather information from different sources and curate a single and comprehensive view of each customer. Soon, this capability would be carried out in a way we’ve never seen before.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a dynamic solution at the forefront of modern marketing, enabling businesses to orchestrate seamless, data-driven campaigns that resonate with their audience. With robust tools and a commitment to innovation, this platform streamlines marketing processes and empowers organizations to adapt and thrive in the ever-evolving digital engagement landscape.
As businesses seek personalized, targeted interactions, Salesforce Marketing Cloud remains a cornerstone for achieving marketing excellence and building enduring customer relationships.