With the recent hype around Artificial Intelligence, almost every industry is turning to automation tools.
And the social media marketing industry is not left out.
Our research experts have curated the most up-to-date studies (2020-2023), surveys, and social media marketing automation research.
We have done all the hard work, so you don’t have to.
In this article, we will look at how automation shapes the social media marketing industry and how companies & customers respond to them. Plus, the social media advertising sector outlook.
Ready? Let’s get in!
Key Insights: Top Social Media Marketing Automation Statistics
- In January 2023, over 4.26 billion people were using social media globally. It’s projected to increase to almost 6 billion in 2027.
- On Average, internet users spend 144 minutes per day on social media & messaging apps.
- According to global marketing professionals, marketing automation is the number one most effective digital marketing technique after content marketing.
- HubSpot is the most popular marketing automation software provider, with over 29% market share.
- The biggest benefits of marketing automation are saving time on repetitive tasks and facilitating personalized customer communications, according to 49% of companies.
- The global marketing automation technology market is projected to reach $25.1 billion by the end of 2023.
- By 2026, the marketing automation software market is projected to top $19.66 billion.
- Nearly 80% of marketers acknowledge marketing automation as the #1 contributor to their success.
- Businesses that use marketing automation are 20% more productive.
- 61% of marketers use marketing automation to generate more leads.
The key insights show that the social media marketing automation industry has a huge growth prospect. Plus, some business owners we casually talked with also spoke about how social media automation tools like Twitter Schedulers, CRM software, and management tools make them more productive.
Social Media Advertising Effectiveness Statistics
- 77% of social media marketers say social media marketing has been somewhat to very effective for their company this year. (Hubspot)
- Retargeting ads are the most used among marketers, with 77% of B2B and B2C marketers alike saying they use retargeting as part of their Facebook and Instagram advertising strategies. (Sharp Spring)
- 65% of marketers rate their marketing automation strategy as “very effective” or “extremely effective”. (Staista)
- 45% say aligning their sales and marketing goals correctly impacted marketing automation success. (Ascend2)
- Aside from social media ads, the following strategies increased marketing effectiveness: journey mapping (26%), lead scoring (18%), and defining personas (13%).
Overall, social media advertising is very effective in marketing. Especially as the number of social media users increases, social media advertising effectiveness also increases. Other marketing activities like lead scoring & journey mapping also increase companies’ bottom line.
Social Media Marketing Growth Statistics
- Facebook is responsible for a quarter of all digital ad spending (25%) versus Google (28.9%), Amazon (10.3%) and others (35.6%) in 2020 alone. (eMarketer)
- Social media recently overtook paid search as an advertising channel, growing 25% YoY and exceeding $137 billion (just edging out search’s $135 billion). (Zenith Media)
The above statistics reveals that social media growth is not slowing down anytime soon. With Facebook leading the pack, we are expecting platforms like Twitter and TikTok to catcch up soon.
Video Prospecting Statistics
- According to recent sales prospecting statistics, top-performing reps favor video as it is quickly becoming a favorite. (Smart Insights)
- Shorter videos of 60 seconds are more effective because 5% of viewers will stop watching them all the way through after one minute. (Media Post)
- Video outperforms other forms of online marketing on websites, landing pages, or ad campaigns by 24%. (Hubspot)
- 90% of sales reps report that video is important to qualify leads, engage prospects, or influence deals. (Business Wire)
- Video generates 50 times more shares than text and images combined while maintaining 100% recall. (Optinmonster)
TikTok has shown the world the capabilities of video in sustain people’s attention. Even in business and sales, video continues to be one of the most-potent ways to convert prospects to customers.
Email Automation Statistics
- 64% of B2B respondents say that they use email automation techniques. (Marketing Charts)
- Automation tools are for sending the following types of messages: welcome emails (47%), promotional sales emails (46%), transactional emails (28%), invitations and reminders (27%), blog updates (26%), upselling emails (23%), event-triggered emails based on customer lifecycle (15%), etc. (Marketing Charts)
- On average, 51% of companies are currently using automation. (Email Monday)
- Triggered emails result in 8 times more opens and greater earnings than typical bulk emails
- Average open rate of triggered email campaigns is 46%, CTR – 11%, and click-to-open rate – 24%. (Getresponce).
Email platforms are arguably the first to adopt automation and AI. And so far, they’ve been crushing it with workflow triggers, auto-responders, personalization, and so on.
Sales Automation Statistics
- “High Growth” firms — those that have recently experienced exponentially high growth — are much more likely (26.2% vs. 16.6%) to have a highly mature marketing and sales automation strategy in place, relative to their counterparts. (Hinge Research)
- More than 30% of sales-related activities can be automated. (Mckinsey)
- AI adoption in sales has been forecasted to grow 139% between 2020 and 2023. (Salesforce)
- Lead-to-cash process automation in sales has been forecasted to grow 115% between 2020 and 2023. (Salesforce)
- 44% of firms using AI report a reduction in business costs in departments where AI is implemented. (Mckinsey)
- Companies that incorporate high-level automation into their sales process generate around 16% more leads compared to those that incorporate low-level or no automation. (Hinge Research)
A study by Mckinsey reveals that more than 30% of sales-related activities can be automated. And, this number is realistic and truth. Things like demo presentation, follow-ups, sales pitches, can all be automated.
Is Social Media Marketing in Demand?
- In 2022, social media video ad spending grew by 20.1% to $24.35 billion (eMarketer)
- Brands will be spending more on social ads in 2023 (eMarketer)
- The use of social media for marketing campaigns is growing, with more than 92% of American businesses adopting this practice. (Statista)
- 75% of marketers credit social media marketing with increased web traffic, and almost 90% say it has improved business exposure. (Responsify)
- Social ad spending is expected to cost approximately $75.3 Billion in 2022, an increase of 25% (Adespresso)
From the statistics, It is crystal clear that social media marketing is in demand. If you’ve not yet, it’s time to jump on the bandwagon.
Are Social Media Ads Effective?
- According to GWI, 49% of internet users say they are likely to purchase from brands they see advertised. Would you like to lose 49% of your prospects?
- 89% of B2B marketers turn to Facebook for advertising. (Marketing Charts)
- In 2026, the average social media ad spend per internet user in the US willl amount to $376.4. (Statista)
- The number of social media users will reach 5.85 billion by 2027. (Statista)
- Global social media ad spending should reach $223.11 billion this year. (Report Linker)
Have any comments on these social media marketing automation statistics, kindly share in the comments.
Statista, Hubspot, Sharpspring, Ascend2, eMarketer, Zenith Media, Smartinsights, MediaPost, Hubspot, Optinmonster, MarketingCharts, EmailMonday, Getresponse, Komarketing, Mckinsey,
Leave a Reply